How We Manage
At Şişecam, we adopt a customer-oriented approach. We develop strategies to ensure that the expectations of our customers are sustainable in the activities of our value chain. We are taking steps to integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities into all phases of our supply chain – including supplier management assessment, implementation, monitoring, and development. Our suppliers who apply via the Şişecam Supplier Portal can proceed with the process by accepting the Şişecam Supplier Code of Conduct and become informed about our expectations.
As one of Turkey's deepest-rooted companies, we aim to implement the Supplier Capacity Building program by 2030 and ensure that all suppliers comply with the Supplier Code of Conduct included in Şişecam's Sustainability Policy.
- Supplier Capacity Building program
- Supplier Sustainability training
- Conducting sustainability audits in the supply chain
- Supplier self-assessment questionnaire
- Developing incentives and rewards for suppliers
- Ensuring compliance of Şişecam suppliers with the Code of Conduct in employment contracts
Monitoring and Reporting
Our sustainability performance in our value chain – including the number of Şişecam suppliers, our local supply ratio and our suppliers' compliance with Şişecam Supplier Code of Conduct – is communicated every year in our CDP Report and Sustainability Report.
Relevant key indicators:
- Number of Active Suppliers
- Number of Local Suppliers
- Percentage of Local Procurement in Total Procurement Budget (%)
- Total amount of supplied raw materials (tons)
- Total amount of locally supplied raw materials (tons)
- Percentage of locally supplied raw materials (%)
- Number of suppliers that meet the Supplier Behavior Criteria
- Actions taken under the CDP Supply Chain Program