How We Manage
Şişecam developed the Corporate Integrated Waste Management project in line with its goal of "Protect the Planet." This effort serves the "Clean Water and Sanitation" item of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The "zero discharge" approach is one of our good practices under this project. Performance is monitored in all our facilities where the project has started. We place importance on using the latest treatment methods in many of our facilities in order to reduce pollution load. We carry out projects to reduce our water consumption, create alternative sources and reuse the water we consume for effective water management. We are committed to reducing the risk of water scarcity triggered by climate change and creating sustainable value for our future.
As a result, Şişecam aims to provide 15% of clean water consumption Group-wide from treated wastewater by 2030.
- Monitoring water consumption
- Ensuring water efficiency in all regions where production activities are carried out
- Maximum recovery in production-based water use
- Identifying, adapting, and following-up of best practices
- Switching to closed loop cooling systems
- Awareness-raising efforts
- Transition to a “zero discharge” approach
Monitoring and Reporting
Across Şişecam, water consumption is a meticulously monitored environmental indicator. Water withdrawal per source, water savings, water discharge, and critical pollutants are monitored by plant and source.
Relevant key indicators: (GRI 303)
- Total Water Withdrawal by Source (m3)
- Amount of Recycled/Reused Water (m3)
- Total Wastewater Discharge by Target Environment (m3)