How We Manage
In addition to focusing on the climate crisis, Şişecam is committed to conserving water, another valuable natural resource that we need to protect on our planet. We meticulously monitor our water consumption to help prevent water-related crises in the regions where we operate. In line with our corporate sustainability vision, Care for Next, we are committed to reducing water consumption and recovering a certain amount on a factory basis. As a result, in 2021, we recycled and reused 8 million m3 of water.
Şişecam aims to obtain 15% of clean water used Group-wide from treated wastewater by 2030.
- Monitoring water consumption
- Ensuring water efficiency in all regions where production activities are carried out
- Maximum recovery in production-based water use
- Reporting of facility-based water footprint
- Identifying, adapting, and following-up of best practices
- Switching to closed loop cooling systems
- Awareness-raising efforts
- Transition to a “zero discharge” approach
Monitoring and Reporting
Across Şişecam, water consumption is a meticulously monitored environmental indicator. Water withdrawal per source, water savings, water discharge, and critical pollutants are monitored by plant and source.
Relevant key indicators: (GRI 303)
- Total Water Withdrawal by Source (m3)
- Amount of Recycled/Reused Water (m3)
- Total Wastewater Discharge by Target Environment (m3)