How We Manage
As a recyclable raw material rather than post-use waste, glass is a very important material for a carbon-neutral economy compared to other non-recyclable products. Şişecam acts in a sustainability-conscious manner, understanding that resources are limited. Şişecam aims to minimize environmental impact and continuously improve efficiency by minimizing raw material consumption and boosting the amount of recycled glass cullet in its production facilities.
At Şişecam, we aim to boost the rate of externally sourced scrap glass used overall to 35% by 2030.
- Identifying circular economy and savings opportunities
- Implementing deposit programs in all regions
- Designing and realizing projects to boost the use of external glass cullet
- Expanding industrial symbiosis projects
- Use of alternative raw materials
- Planning and implementation based on life cycle analysis
- Acting with the awareness of producer responsibilities together with suppliers
Monitoring and Reporting
Information on natural resource consumption and waste generation, which form the basis of environmental performance of our production activities, are monitored periodically using online systems. Projects and studies related to circular economy and efficiency practices are centrally monitored and reported. Digitization of waste and field management is aimed under integrated waste management.
Relevant key indicators: (GRI 306 – GRI 305)
- Percentage of recycled glass used in production (%)
- Amount of Recycled/Recovered Raw Material Consumed (tons)
- NOx (kg) and SOx emissions (kg)