How We Manage
Our waste management strategy aims to reduce waste and reintegrate it into the life cycle via recycling, in order to protect the environment and use resources efficiently. Our Corporate Integrated Waste Management project, launched in 2020, provides our pilot facilities with the necessary equipment and software support for online waste management. In 2021, 222,000 tons of glass cullet were recycled and waste glass was supplied. Thanks to our recycled glass efforts since 2011, 1,785,000 tons of glass have been rescued from waste.
In line with our "Protect the Planet" vision, we aim to reduce packaging waste by 50% by 2030.
- Integrated waste management
- Source-based online waste monitoring
- Identifying circular economy and savings opportunities
- Preferring more sustainable alternatives in product packaging
- Reducing waste generation at the source
- Ensuring recycling and/or recovery of packaging waste
- Expanding industrial symbiosis projects
- Prioritizing needs by actual waste cost
- Planning and implementation based on life cycle analysis
- Acting with the awareness of producer responsibilities together with suppliers
Monitoring and Reporting
Information on natural resource consumption and waste generation, which form the basis of environmental performance of our production activities, are monitored periodically using online systems. Projects and studies related to circular economy and efficiency practices are centrally monitored and reported. Digitization of waste and field management is aimed under integrated waste management.
Relevant key indicators: (GRI 306 – GRI 305)
- Percentage of recycled glass used in production (%)
- Amount of hazardous and non-hazardous waste (tons)
- Packaging waste (tons)
- Packaging Waste Recovery Rate (%)
- Amount of Recycled/Recovered Raw Material Consumed (tons)
- NOx (kg) and SOx emissions (kg)